Sunday 11 January 2015

Invasion of the One Lovely Blog Hop




Recently (like on Friday) I was nominated by the lovely and talented Johanna K. Pitcairn (who currently has a new book, 32 Seconds) in the One Lovely Blog Hop. This challenge consists of listing seven interesting facts about me, although I may use a loose definition of interesting as I lead a fairly boring life. 


Here are the Rules:
Share seven facts about yourself
Link to at least 15 blogs that you enjoy.


My Facts

  • Fact 1: I am not what you’d call a girlie girl, but I do have a scarf obsession. Pretty patterns, flimsy fabric, decorated material, it all calls to me, and then sits in my closet, waiting…
  • Fact 2: I have a strange fascination for Pikachu, from the Pokemon franchise. Don’t ask why, I just do.
  • Fact 3: I love ballet, ( so much so, I squealed with delight when dancer Rex Harrington was a contestant on Amazing Race Canada), and listen to classical music and opera. Also, I’m fond of the ditties from Broadway musicals.
  • Fact 4: I once tied a cherry stem in a knot with my tongue, after watching a Twin Peaks episode (I just wanted to see if it could be done, nothing kinky involved). And yes, I did do it, but it took about ten minutes.
  • Fact 5: While growing up, I've been hit in the face with a soccer ball, hit in the shoulder with a baseball, I ran (on foot, mind you) straight into a parked truck, and walked into a fire extinguisher at school.
  • Fact 6: While I write horror stories, I am a reluctant reader of the genre, or watcher of scary films. I’m too much of a chicken, though I’m better than I used to be in this regard.
  • Fact 7: I do not own a cell phone (you can all collectively gasp now).


Okay here’s my victims, uh, bloggers list:



Just click on the linked names to see their wonderful blogs/websites.


All my nominees are under no obligation to join in, but, if you do, please link back to the blog of the person who nominated you (namely me), share some fun facts, and pass the hop on to 15 blogs (or as many as you scrounge). And if you've already participated, feel free to ignore the nomination.


6 comments:

Joylene Nowell Butler said...

Thanks, Anita! It's an honour to be on this list. Loved learning more about you! I was hit by a pumpkin when I was a kid. And I didn't drink coffee until I was 60.

A. F. Stewart said...

I've carved a few pumpkins, but never got hit by one. I bet that's an interesting story.

Unknown said...

Thanks for the invitation, Anita. I can't believe you haven't got a cell phone!

A. F. Stewart said...

You're welcome, Irina. I never had a pressing need for a cell phone, so I just never got around to buying one. Must be my frugal Scottish blood showing.

Deshipley said...

Which would generate more gasps, I wonder -- your total lack of a cell phone, or the sight of my absolute dinosaur of a cell phone? XD Thanks for the nomination! It'll be a while before I've got a space open on my blog to respond properly, but I will try to get around to it. ^.^

A. F. Stewart said...

No rush, Danielle, whenever you have the time and space.

Subscribe Now:

Search This Blog

Powered By Blogger

Monthly Pageviews