Wednesday 12 September 2012

Million Dollar Murder: A Review of It's Murder, My Son by Lauren Carr

My Book Review of It's Murder, My Son: 

It’s Murder, My Son by Lauren Carr is an entertaining mystery romp.  It’s perfect for a rainy day read or a relaxing weekend.

The first book in the Mac Faraday mystery series, It’s Murder, My Son, begins with a new chapter in former homicide detective Mac Faraday’s life.  Recently divorced, he finds himself the heir to a multimillion dollar fortune of a late mystery author, a woman who was the birth mother he never knew.  And along with the money and property, he inherits a couple of murders and a whole lot of trouble.

I enjoyed reading this novel.  It had a nice pace, charming and believable characters and reasonably good conflict, while never losing its sense of fun.  The main character of Mac Faraday was especially likable and I was pleased with the way the author had him interact with his new world.  There was no smooth transition to the world of money; he behaved like an uncomfortable fish out of water.  I also liked the main female character/love interest of Archie; she’s smart funny and there’s a nice chemistry with Mac.

I did have a few slight problems with the storyline in that I found some of the plot points a bit easy to figure out, although the author does give the reader plausible reasons as to why the characters haven’t come to the same conclusions.  Also, there were one or two twists that I didn’t see coming, so the plotline considerations are minor quibbles.  Overall I can give this book a recommend.


It’s Murder, My Son can be found on Amazon in Print and Kindle formats


2 comments:

Gail M Baugniet - Author said...

This sounds like an interesting mystery! Your review highlights the reasons to read about a million dollar murder. That it is available on Kindle is even better. Thanks.

A. F. Stewart said...

I found it enjoyable, a nice light mystery.

Subscribe Now:

Search This Blog

Powered By Blogger

Monthly Pageviews